If you like watching movies on your own Android device, you probably wanted to add subtitles to it. Here, your wishes have been granted! In this article, you will learn the 3 best ways to watch movies for free and download their subtitles using video playback applications. You can also learn watch videos in picture mode.
Also, read | 3 best apps for watching movies with friends online
Ways to watch movies with subtitles
Download subtitles and watch using the MX Player app
MX Player is a powerful video player that supports video subtitles. With this app you can easily search and download related subtitles for your favorite movies in the app. Follow these simple steps to do the same using MX Player.
- Open the Google Play Store, search MX Player application and install it.
- Provide the necessary file access permissions.
- Find your video / movie from the list of folders present on your device.
- Tap on video to start playing it on a video player.
- Open up Subtitle window by touching Subtitle icon on the toolbar located at the top.
- Furthermore, tap on Search option.
- Check “Enter your search text” to automatically add search text. You can also manually add the title of the video you are playing in the app and tap Alright.
- Select the appropriate subtitle from the search results and highlight it.
- Tap on Download button to download the highlighted subtitle. This subtitle will be automatically downloaded and added to your currently playing video.
- That’s it. You have successfully downloaded and added subtitles to your movie / video using the MX player app.
Use KMPlayer to watch movies and download subtitles
KMPlayer is another free effective Android video player that supports a large number video format. With this video player app, you can browse or download subtitles for your movies online. Follow these simple steps to achieve the same with this app.
- Open Google Play Store, look for KMPlayer application and install it.
- Provide the necessary file access permissions.
- Scroll down and find the folder that contains your movie and tap to start playing it inside the app.
- Tap on three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the application screen.
- Scroll down to find Subtitle section and tap Download the subtitle. If your movie has built-in subtitles, you can select it by touching Select Subtitle option here.
- Choose your own Subtitle language and check the search box to enter a name for your movie.
- Tap on Search button to search for subtitles on the Internet.
- Select the desired subtitle and tap Download button to download and add it to your current video.
- Well done. You have successfully added subtitles to your movie / video.
Install the VLC Player application to watch and download subtitles
VLC Player for Android is one of the most popular open-source video players for Android devices. With this app you can easily browse, add or download subtitles for your favorite movie or video. Follow these steps to do the same using VLC for Android.
- Open Google Play Store, search VLC application for Android and install it.
- Provide the necessary file access application permissions.
- Find and tap a file from the listed folders to start playing it.
- Tap on subtitle icon in the lower left corner of the application window.
- Expand Subtitle section and tap Download the subtitle. If your video / movie has built-in subtitles, you can select it by touching Select a subtitle file option.
- Tap on Search icon and enter the name of the video / movie for which you need subtitles.
- To download the desired subtitle, tap download icon in front of the subtitle.
- Your selected subtitle will be downloaded immediately and added to your currently playing movie.
Well done. You have successfully added subtitles to your movie.
Bonus: Download subtitles for movies on PC
If you use your computer or laptop to watch videos / movies, you can easily download and add subtitles to your movies by following these simple steps.
- Open a new tab in your web browser and search OpenSubtitles website.
- Enter the name of your movie in the search bar and click Search icon.
- You can also define Language in the search bar to search for the desired subtitles.
- Click on Movie title to open related subtitles.
- To download the subtitle file to your system, click on Download button.
- Your selected file will automatically start downloading in a few seconds. Your file will be downloaded to ZIP format.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file and right-click it to select Stand out here. You can also extract this file using any file compression tool on your system.
- Now open your movie in the video player and go to it Subtitle section.
- Add downloaded subtitles to start playing it in real time.
- That’s it. You have successfully added subtitles to your movie using your computer.
So, this is the end of 3 free ways to watch movies with subtitles on your Android device. If this article has helped you add the perfect subtitle to your favorite movies, press the Like button and share this article with your friends to give them a better movie experience. As always, stay with us for more guides like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.