We are all familiar with using and editing CSV files on our PC or Mac in everyday life. But what if I tell you that you can easily browse and edit these files using only your Android phone, just like you edit PDFs? Yes, you heard right. In this article, we will introduce you to 3 ways you can easily open and edit CSV files on your Android phone.
Ways to open and edit CSV files on your Android phone
The Android operating system offers a lot of free third-party apps that you can use to conveniently view and edit your CSV file directly from the comfort of your phone. We have manually selected 3 such applications to help you with that.
Use the CSV Editor application to view and edit CSV files
CSV Editor is simple, free app for Android which you can use to easily open and edit CSV files on your device. Follow these simple steps to install and use this app.
- Open Google Play Store, search CSV editor and install it.
- Secure file access required application permissions.
- Tap on three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the application screen.
- Press File and choose Open.
- Review the CSV file and tap it to open it in the app.
- To edit a cell value, tap it and an editor will open.
- Edit the cell value and tap next arrow to save the ordered value to a cell.
- Tap on Save icon on the toolbar at the top to save the change file.
- Congratulations. You have successfully edited and saved your CSV file.
Install and use the CSV Viewer application
The CSV Viewer app is a complete Android app for working with all CSV files. With this app you can even write and read table design data codes. It also offers rich features such as data analysis and graphs for calculations. Follow these simple steps to read and edit your CSV file using this app on your phone.
- Open Google Play Store, look for CSV Viewer application and install it.
- Provide the necessary access permissions required for the application.
- Tap on CSV file button to view all CSV files present on your device.
- Find yours file and touch it.
- Touch any cell to edit it.
- When you’re done editing, tap three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the application screen and press Save.
- Well done. You have successfully edited and saved the CSV file to your device.
Use the official Microsoft Excel application to edit CSV files
If you prefer to use MS-Excel to edit worksheets and CSV files on your computer, you can install and use its application on your Android device to do the same. Follow these simple steps to open, edit, and view CSV files using the official Microsoft Excel application.
- Open Google Play Store, search Microsoft Excel: spreadsheet application, and install it.
- Provide the necessary access permissions and sign in to the application if you already use a Microsoft account.
- You can also choose to try this app without logging in by touching continue without logging in during application setup.
- Touch Open continue to tap on the bottom toolbar to view and select your CSV file This device to access device files.
- The application will open the file just like an Excel sheet on a computer.
- Touch any cell edit and evaluate.
- To save the edited value inside the cell, tap green tick button.
- When you’re done editing, tap Save icon on the toolbar at the top to save the file to your device.
- That’s it. You have successfully edited and saved changes to your CSV file using the application.
Bonus: Use the Google Spreadsheets app to view and edit CSV files
You can also use the official Google Spreadsheets app to directly view and edit CSV files. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Install Google Spreadsheets app using the Google Play Store.
- Open the app and tap map icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Touch Device storage and select your CSV file.
- Your file will be uploaded to Google Spreadsheets immediately.
- Touch any cell within the worksheet to edit it and make your changes.
- Once you’re done with the changes, tap three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the application screen.
- Touch Share and export and choose Save as from the menu.
- Select the desired one format and decide if you want to save it on your own device or online in Google Cloud.
- That’s it. You have successfully edited and saved your CSV file using Google Spreadsheets.
So, this is a pack for 3 ways to open and edit CSV files on your Android phone. If this article has helped you achieve this, press the Like button and share this with your friends to increase their productivity. As always, stay with us for more informative articles like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.