The Government of India passed on Monday, December 20, 2021. The Bill on Election Laws (Amendment) 2021. With this new law, the citizens of India will now have to link their voter ID cards with Aadhaar map. In this guide, I will walk you through the simple steps to associate your voter ID with your Aadhaar card online.
Ways to associate your voter ID with an Aadhaar card
You can connect your Aadhaar card to your voter ID in three ways. One is the NVSP (National Voter Services Portal), the other is texting or telephoning, and the third is a visit to a clerk at a nearby booth level.
Through the NVSP website
Here we discuss how you can link these documents online via the NVSP portal:
1. Go to NVSP website on your computer.
2. Log in here using your cell phone number or email and password. If you do not have an account with NVSP, you can also register.
3. After registering, click on “Search the Voter List” and enter your country, county, constituency and personal information including your father’s name and name.
Alternatively, you can search with your voter ID number.
4. Now enter the captcha and click the search button. Your voter ID information will be displayed on the screen. Click on “All Details”.
5. On the next page, click the ‘Feed Aadhaar No’ option on the right side of the screen.
6. A pop-up window will open and you can enter the same name as on the Aadhaar card, Aadhaar number, Voter ID number and registered mobile number.
7. After filling in this information, click on the submit button.
That’s all. You will see a message on the screen that your application to connect Aadhaar and Voter ID has been successfully registered.
By sending an SMS
You can also associate your voter card with your Aadhaar card by sending an SMS to a registered number. Write an SMS in the following format:
By phone call
You can also associate an voter ID with Aadhaar by calling a dedicated number set by the government. You can call 1950 working days between 10:00 and 17:00 and tell your voter ID and Aadhaar card information to complete the connection.
Through cabin-level officers
Finally, your Aadhaar card and voter card can also be connected offline. You can do this by submitting an application to your appropriate cab level officer (BLO).
Alternatively, Aadhaar e-Seva Centers, as well as Voting Facilitation Centers, will also conduct a survey to collect this data that can be used to link Aadhaar and Voter ID. You can contact your local polling station for more details on these polls.
Check the connection status of the Aadhaar Voter ID
After you apply to link your voter ID and Aadhaar card, you can re-check its status online on the NVSP website. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Visit the NVSP website.
2. Click on “Track application status”.
3. On the next page, enter your reference ID to be sent to your phone number and click on “Track Status”.
4. After entering, you will see a notification that the registered request is being processed.
5. If it is successful, you can go to the official one UIDAI website to verify that your Aadhaar card is associated with a voter ID.
These were the ways you can connect your voter card with your Aadhaar card without any problems. If you encounter any problem connecting these two, let us know in the comments below!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest review videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.