The era of electric vehicles (EV) has already arrived in India. We have seen big launches in the automotive industry, from electric scooters like Another 450X to electric cars such as the Tata Nexon EV. This has resulted in increased demand for bottling plants across the country. In this article, we will tell you how you can easily locate charging stations for electric vehicles in India with your phone.
Find the nearest charging stations for electric vehicles in India
If you use an Android phone, you can easily monitor and locate the nearest electric vehicle charging station with your device. Use these simple apps to do the same.
Use the Google Maps app
You can use the official Google Maps app to find and locate the nearest electric vehicle charging station in your area. Follow these simple steps to do this through your Android device.
- Open the Google Play Store, search Google Maps app and install it.
- Grant the required application access privileges.
- Tap on search bar on top and look Electric chargers.
- Google Maps will find and tag everything EV charging stations around you on the map.
- You can tap the name of any station to find out more details about it.
Use the Tata Power EZ Charge app
Tata Power has launched its own app in India to easily find and locate charging stations for electric vehicles around you. With this app, you can easily locate, book and view details of your previous charging sessions. Follow these simple steps to use this app to find charging stations for your electric vehicle.
- Open the Google Play Store, search Tata Power EZ Charge app and install it.
- Open the app and tap Login button to register your profile in the application.
- Provide the necessary location access application permissions.
- Set a name for your Electric vehicle during registration and specify its type of payment.
- After completing the registration, you will be redirected to map of current location shows all nearby charging stations for charging your vehicle.
- Touch any EV charging station name to find out more details about it. Here you can see the tariff plans offered by a particular bottling plant.
- You can too customize your map based on the type of charging connector for your electric vehicle.
- Charging cost depends on the type of power supply, connector and power output of these charging stations in their regions.
For example, a charging station in Delhi with a direct output power of 25kW – 30kW ranges from 100 to 130 ₹ in 15 minutes charging. While in Mumbai, a 15 kW DC charging station can cost approximately From 68 to 75 INR in 15 minutes charging.
You can also find some free charging stations which will not charge you for charging your EV.
Use the ReCharge India app
The ReCharge app is another popular Android app curated and developed by the Delhi and Pune electric car community to help electric vehicle owners. With this app, you can easily locate and identify nearby electric vehicle charging stations for your vehicle. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Open the Google Play Store app, search ReCharge India app and install it.
- Provide the necessary access privileges.
- Touch Button I agree to accept the terms and conditions of use of the application.
- This app is constantly updating new charging stations in the app in real time. If you see a popup window to update the app with the latest charging station, then be sure to update it.
- Type your own in the search bar at the top city name / current location name and will display a list of all registered charging stations in the search results.
- Touch any EV charging station name from the list to get more details about it.
- You can also give your own valuable feedback to charging stations using this app to help other electric vehicle passengers.
Use the PlugShare app
PlugShare is another free Android app that is popular for locating charging stations for electric vehicles in your area. With this app you can quickly find chargers nearby, plan driving estimates and set your own useful reminders to charge your vehicle. Follow these simple steps to use this app to find the perfect charging station for your electric vehicle.
- Open the Google Play Store app, search PlugShare application and install it.
- Tap on Allow button provide the necessary location access on the application.
- You can also create your own account in this app or browse the listed bottling plants around you by skipping the registration process. Tap on Skip button to go to the next page without logging in.
- The app dashboard will now display everything charging stations available around you at your current location.
- Tap on Filter button to adjust the map according to the type of charging connector of the electric vehicle. You can also filter stations by car manufacturer / model.
- To find out the details of all the charging stations present in a particular location, tap search bar and enter the name of the city / location.
- You can find more details about the EV charging station by tapping the station name at the selected location.
- Tap on Warning button to be notified when you approach the charging station via the application.
Use the ElectreeFi app
ElectreeFi is one of the largest smart charging networks in India with multi-operator charging stations for electric vehicles on its platform. With this app, you can easily locate and identify the nearest EV charging station for your vehicle in just a few taps. Follow these simple steps to do the same with this app.
- Open the Google Play Store and install ElectreeFi application on your device.
- Tap on Allow button to provide the necessary permissions to access the application.
- To use this application, you must sign in and create your account by providing their data. Tap on Registration button to create your own ElectreeFI EV community account.
- After registration, it will start showing everything nearby EV charging stations at your current location.
- You can also customize these stations according to the type of your electric vehicle. Tap on hamburger menu in the upper left corner of the application screen and select Charging stations.
- Set yours type of electric vehicle and station type to update the map according to your selected preferences.
- You can also use this app to find all charging stations in a specific area / city. To do this, tap Preference option on the hamburger menu.
- Type name of the city / location and tap on Send button to get the details on the map.
- To view more details about the charging station, such as charging tariffs or contacts, tap Station name is shown on the map.
That’s it. You have successfully found the desired EV charging station using this app.
So, this is a pack of 5 easy ways to locate the nearest charging stations for electric vehicles in India with the help of Android devices. If this 2-minute reading has helped you find a good charging station around you, press the like button and share this article with your friends to help them with their electric vehicle charging needs. As always, stay with us for more informative reading like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.