Instagram, one of the most popular social networking platforms offers the ability to publish stories that disappear after 24 hours. This automatic disappearance can sometimes create problems because all the hard work disappears after a time limit. In this article, you will learn how to download or save Instagram stories to your phone. In addition, you can learn check your reel history.
Also, read | 4 easy ways to remove fake and follower bots on Instagram
Ways to download Instagram stories to your phone
Save your Instagram story to the app
Instagram offers you the ability to save your own stories within the app. Follow these simple steps to save your Instagram story.
- Open Instagram and tap Your story button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Touch More in the lower right corner of the screen.
- To save your story, tap Save photo / Save video to save and download it to your device.
Archive all your Instagram stories to watch later
If you want to know about your past Instagram stories that you posted on your profile, you need to turn on the Archive feature provided by Instagram. With this feature you can see all your Instagram stories through the app. Follow these simple steps to turn on this feature.
- Open Instagram on your device and tap yours profile icon in the lower right corner of the app screen.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap three-bar icon and choose Settings.
- Open Privacy and tap Story.
- Scroll down to find Savings section and turn on the power switch Save the story to the archive.
- You can also include Save the story to the gallery to automatically save the story to your device when you post it on Instagram.
- To see all your archived Instagram stories, tap + icon under Featured Stories to view it.
Use Instagram Highlights to save your Instagram stories
Instagram has introduced the Highlights feature to directly present your favorite story on your Instagram profile. You can create as many prominent things as you want that appear below your profile bio as a small round icon. That way, you or your friends can instantly watch and relive any story you’ve highlighted before. Follow these simple steps to create your own Instagram Highlight.
- Open Instagram and tap Your story in the upper left corner of the screen app.
- Tap on Highlight button next to the share button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Please enter a new name to your highlight or select a previously created highlight name.
- Touch Add button create it.
- Go on your own Profile and you can see that your story is saved as Instagram Highlight under your profile biography.
- Touch this highlighted part look at the story again.
Download any Instagram story using the Online tool
If you want to download Instagram Story from other users, you can easily achieve this with the help of certain online tools. Please note that the story can only be downloaded by public Instagram users. This method will not work on private profiles. Follow these steps to do the same.
- Open any browser and access Save from Web page.
- Enter your Instagram username in the search bar and tap the green arrow icon.
- Wait a few seconds and you can see all the Instagram stories and featured items from your account.
- Touch download videos button to download the story to your device.
Bonus: See any profile picture on Instagram online
Instagram displays the user profile picture as a very small round icon in the profile that cannot be enlarged by default. As a bonus, we want to share a fantastic Instagram trick to view the profile of any Instagram user in full screen, regardless of public / private Instagram profile.
- Make a note / copy the username The Instagram profile whose profile picture you want to see.
- Open a browser and go to InstaDP website. You can also open it in your web browser on your computer.
- Paste your copied username here and click on the Search icon.
- Click on Continue button to navigate to the next page.
- This website will open the desired profile. Touch In full size button to display the profile image in full size.
- You can now see the profile picture in full size.
Take a screenshot of Instagram Story (user gets notified)
The easiest way to save or download an Instagram story to your device is to take a screenshot or record it with a VCR BUT, in both of these methods, the user who posted the story will be notified about the screenshot you took.
In this article, you learned about 5 ways to download or save Instagram stories to your phone. If this article has helped you achieve this, click the Like button and share this with your friends to help them use Instagram. As always, stay with us for more informative articles.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.