If you’re using an Android phone, you’ve probably encountered irregularities while using the auto-brightness feature on your phone. Sometimes he wins too blurry to read and sometimes it gets so bright no matter the environment of the phone. In this article, we will tell you some ways to solve the problem of automatic brightness on your Android.
Also, read | How to always be on screen on Android smartphones
Solve the problem with automatic brightness on your Android phone
Disable and re-enable auto-brightness
The first and most important step to solve this problem on your Android device is to manually disable and re-enable this feature. Follow these simple steps to resolve this issue.
- Open up Settings app on your Android phone.
- Scroll down to find Display and open it.
- Tap on Brightness level.
- Turn off automatic brightness switch.
- Wait a few seconds, then to light auto brightness switch.
- Alternatively, you can scroll down to access the notification panel and touch the auto brightness switch disable / enable it at any time.
Use third-party applications to check automatic brightness
There are many free Android third-party apps available in the Google Play Store to adjust and set auto-brightness on your device. With these applications you can determine the correct functionality of the automatic brightness. Follow these simple steps to do the same.
- Provide the necessary system permissions to make changes into the app if prompted.
- Similarly, you can manually adjust the brightness of your device by adjusting the brightness slider.
Update your Android phone to correct errors
If you are facing an automatic brightness problem on your Android device, it may be due to the presence of existing errors in your system. To solve this problem, you need to manually check your own phone for updates to resolve and fix errors present on your Android device. Follow these simple steps to check for updates.
- Open up Settings app on your phone.
- Tap on About the phone option on the list.
- To manually check for updates on your phone, tap Check for updates button.
- If your phone has received new updates / bug fixes, tap Download button to download and install it on your phone.
Restart / restart your Android device
Sometimes installing certain third-party applications may temporarily change your system settings. This may cause the automatic brightness function present on your phone to malfunction. You can easily solve this problem by doing so restart or restart the phone. Follow these simple steps to quickly restart / restart your Android phone.
- Long pressure power button on your Android device until you see Power menu.
- Tap on Restart button to restart the phone.
Bonus: Test, check the light sensor on your Android
If you have tried all the above methods and are still facing the problem of automatic brightness, you need to manually check the functionality of the light sensor on your phone. If the light sensor works properly, it should produce the expected values using the app, otherwise it could indicate damage to your phone’s hardware.
Follow these simple steps to test the light sensor on your phone using the Sensor Test app.
- Open the Google Play Store app, search Sensor testing application and install it.
- Provide the necessary access permissions in the application.
- Tap on Test button in front Light sensor on.
- Move your phone to different lighting conditions and notice a change in value in the app.
- If it is the value remains the same in all conditions, it could mean your light sensor damaged. You must have it repaired by an authorized service center.
- If it is value changes according to different lighting conditions, for example, more in lighter areas and less in darker areas, then yours the light sensor is working properly.
This is a pack of 5 effective ways to solve the automatic brightness problem on your Android phone. If this 2-minute reading helped you solve this problem on your device, press the Like button and share this with your friends to help them. Follow us for more such troubleshooting guides.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.