If you are a regular Instagram user, you must have wanted to watch someone’s story on your profile without them knowing it. Typically, when you view someone’s story on Instagram, your review will count towards their story list. In this article, we’ve manually selected the 6 best ways to secretly see someone’s Instagram Stories. In the meantime, you can also check out how download Instagram Stories on Android.
Ways to secretly see someone’s Instagram stories
Take advantage of the backward trick to view Instagram stories
If you want to watch someone’s Instagram story without actually knowing about it, the trick of pulling back can come in handy. Follow these simple steps to secretly see the status using this trick.
- Open Instagram on your device and locate profile icon the people in the story section whose story you want to secretly view.
- Touch and open the immediate next story the profile you want to view.
- Now, hold your finger to open status and carefully craft a transition backwards not letting go of the finger.
- Now you can take a peek at your target story on your Instagram profile. Make a note of it you don’t have to let go of your finger or your view will be included in your target person’s story.
- After taking a good look at the story, be careful drag the story forward to get to the page where you started.
- That’s it. You have successfully secretly watched a story on Instagram without the person knowing about it.
- Just this method works for paintings published as Instagram Stories. You cannot watch the video using this trick.
Create an anonymous Instagram account
The most effective method of watching someone’s story on Instagram without notification is to create an anonymous account and track them to see their stories. Follow these simple steps to create your Instagram account.
- Open the Instagram app on your device and long press your profile icon in the lower right corner of the app screen.
- Touch Add an account and select Create a new account option.
- Enter your preferred username for this new Instagram profile.
- Enter a strong password for this new Instagram profile.
- Fill yours details such as birthday and tap Complete the application button to finish setting up this new account.
- On the next page, add your profile picture and follow the profile of the person whose story you want to view.
- Tap on Tracking button to start watching their Instagram stories.
- You can switch quickly between your accounts by long pressing the profile icon at the bottom of the app screen.
Follow the View-Block trick to view Instagram stories
This is an interesting trick for secretly watching someone’s whole story on Instagram. The idea behind this trick is to look at a person’s story as you would otherwise, and then block their profile on Instagram. Blocking them would remove your profile and number of views from their list of storytelling. After looking at their stories, you can unblock the person and follow them again to avoid missing future stories. Follow these quick steps to achieve the same.
- Open Instagram on your device and touch the story the person you want to see.
- After watching the story, tap username to open an Instagram profile.
- Tap on three-dot icon in the upper right corner of the application screen and select Block.
- Confirm your action by touching Lock button.
- Now your number of views, as well as your profile, will be removed from the list of views on Instagram.
- Tap on Unlock button again to unblock the user.
- To avoid missing upcoming stories, tap Tracking button again on the user profile.
Try third-party sites to view stories
There are many free third party websites that allow you to watch Instagram stories of a particular Instagrammer. However, with this method, you can only view public profile stories on Instagram. Follow these quick steps to secretly browse Instagram stories of public user profiles.
- Open a browser and search StoriesIG website.
- Come in username The Instagram profile whose story you want to secretly view and click on Arrow button.
- Wait a few seconds to load Instagram stories related to the public profile.
- Scroll down find all the stories. You can also play Instagram stories directly here if they have videos.
- In addition, this website offers you the opportunity to download these stories from Instagram.
Use airplane / flight mode to secretly watch stories
One of the most popular methods for secretly watching a story on Instagram is yes turn on airplane mode / flight on your device and watch the Instagram story. The idea behind this method is that Instagram automatically preloads certain stories and data when the device is connected to a good internet connection. Once you turn on airplane mode, all further actions including viewing, publishing, etc. are omitted from the update until the connection is restored. Follow these steps to turn on airplane mode on your device.
- Pull down screen to open the notification center and tap Airplane / Airplane mode to enable it.
- Now check out the Instagram story of the person from the app.
- After you’re done watching the story, delete the application from the recent section.
- You can also turn on airplane mode by turning it on in the Settings app.
Bonus: Install a Chrome extension to secretly watch Instagram stories
If you use Instagram on your computer, the Google Chrome Web Store also offers some useful extensions for viewing Instagram stories without you noticing. Follow these steps to achieve this by using the anonymous display extension.
- Open the installed extension by clicking expansion button on the top toolbar.
- Log in to your Instagram account to see all available stories using this extension.
- Click on Eye icon in front of an Instagram username to view their stories anonymously.
- You can also download the stories by clicking on Download button.
We hope you’ve now learned to secretly see Instagram stories. If this article has helped you achieve this, click the like button and share this with your friends to help them. Follow us for more such technical tips.
You might also like:
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.