Uber has launched a new service that allows people to book Uber taxis via WhatsApp. Drivers will be able to book rides without installing the Uber app, just as they can use the mobile pages to book Uber. Uber’s WhatsApp chatbot will offer everything from booking a ride, driver details, location tracking and travel cancellations within the chat interface. The service is currently available in Lucknow, UP, and will soon be introduced across India next year. Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to book uber using WhatsApp.
Also, read | Top 10 Android Apps You Can Use Without Installing
Book an Uber taxi via WhatsApp
Uber’s reservation on WhatsApp is available to both new and existing users who register with their phone number. They can book an Uber taxi or car in three easy ways and then the process is similar.
1. Send ‘Hi’ to +91 7292000002 on WhatsApp or click this link on your phone or scan QR code on the Uber website.
2. The Uber chatbot on WhatsApp will now open.
3. If you have already sent him a Greeting, you will receive an OTP on your phone, send it here.
4. After entering the OTP, you will be prompted to enter the download location.
5. Submit your exact location using the built-in WhatsApp feature.
6. Confirm your download address from the default options with numbers.
7. Then enter the location of your ride and confirm it.
8. You can now change, cancel the request or confirm it so Uber can find rides for you.
9. Wait a while after confirmation and Uber will show you the driving options with the fare and estimated time of arrival.
10. Select your preferred option and Uber will share driving details with you including vehicle number and driver contact number.
You can also cancel this ride or request an ambulance from Uber via the listed options. Apart from them, you will get all the security features and insurance as the official Uber app. You will also be able to follow the driver who comes for you.
However, there are some restrictions such as the method of payment is currently only in cash, and the option to book a ride is only available in English. We hope that Uber will soon expand this service to other Indian cities, as well as to new languages.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.