When you go out with friends or colleagues, there is always the problem of sharing accounts. Because most people in India use it today Google Pay payment and money transfer app, you should know that Google has introduced one such feature in its UPI app to help you share accounts. In this guide, I’ll tell you how you can use the Google Pay split account feature.
Steps to use the Google Pay Split Bill feature
Google announced this account-sharing feature at its Google for India event last month. You can use the feature to share costs with your friends. Here are all the steps to use this feature:
Step 1. Create a group
First of all, you will need to create a group in Google Pay. Here’s how:
1. Open the Google Pay app on your phone.
2. Now tap “New payment” and select “New group” from the top.
3. You will then see the option to add contacts to the group. You can select contacts from a list or search for a specific one from the search box.
4. Touch “Next” to continue and enter a group name. Then tap “Create”.
Step 2. Use the Split Expenses feature
Once the group is created, you can use the cost sharing feature.
1. Open the group, then tap the “Share Cost” button at the bottom.
2. Enter the total cost, then tap “Next”.
3. The amount will now be divided equally among the members of the group. If you want to remove someone from this, in case he / she has already paid, you can just touch his / her name. Touch Done.
4. Then tap “Submit Request”.
You will then be able to see the request in the group chat window and when someone pays their share.
Step 3. Close the request or delete the group
Finally, you can close the request when all members have paid their share or even decided to delete the group. Here’s how:
1. Open the group and click on the three dots in the upper right corner.
2. Touch “Close Request” in the menu.
3. To delete a group, tap the group header and go to settings.
4. Here you can remove group members one by one by tapping the minus button next to their name.
5. In the confirmation pop-up, tap “Remove from group”.
6. After removing group members, you can also leave the group by tapping the “Leave group” option in the settings. Confirm in the popup window.
So this is how you can split your accounts using the Google Pay app.
You can also check out some hidden ones Tips and tricks for Google Pay to get the most out of this app. Stay tuned for more tutorials like this!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.