The Indian government has finally started Vaccination against COVID for children under 18 from yesterday, January 3, 2022. Previously, only those over 18 were entitled to the vaccine, but now children under 18 and over 15 can take the vaccine. In this guide, I will outline all the steps on registering a COVID vaccine for 15-18 year olds in India.
Vaccine registration for 15 to 18 years
Applications for vaccination of children began on January 1, 2022. Children over the age of 15 can now vaccinate the vaccine by visiting their nearby COVID Vaccination Centers. They can book their seats online at Cowin or book directly by entering.
Note: Online places for children can be booked only through the CoWIN platform, and not through WhatsApp and other applications such as Paytm. For these applications, you will first need to add users from the CoWIN website.
Steps to book a place for the Covid vaccine for children
Here are the steps you need to follow to book places for a vaccine for children:
1. Open the CoWIN platform and scroll down on the home page to see “Vaccination for children”.
2. Click “Book Your Place” below this section.
3. The CoWIN registration page will now open. Enter your mobile phone number to get OTP.
4. After entering OTP, your account will be opened. If you have booked seats before, you will see the option to add members.
5. And for first-time users, there will be an option for the same.
6. Enter the name of the beneficiary (children), year of birth and Aadhaar or any national identification number.
Once the user has been added, you can reserve a place by searching for the nearest vaccination center by entering the PIN code or district name. Then select the desired center and date to reserve a place.
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has announced that only Covaxin will be given to children aged 15 to 18 years. As a reminder, two more vaccines, Covishiled and Sputnik, are also available for adults.
Children will be able to take the second dose 28 days after the first dose. I can re-book places for the vaccine by following the same steps. For more such informative articles, stay with us!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.