If you are familiar with custom ROM or flash the phone, then there is a possibility that you have tried to flash your own Xiaomi/Redmi/LITTLE Phone. In the past, flashing Xiaomi phones was an easy and quick process, but now things have changed. An unlocked bootloader is required to flash your phone. But what if the bootloader is locked and you happen to stiffen your phone and get stuck on that screen? Today I will share a way to fix your Xiaomi hard brick phone.
Also, read | 2 ways to fix your Android phone from Qualcomm Crash Dump mode
What is a Bootloader?
There is a layer of protection needed to unlock to change or modify your phone’s software. Every phone has this layer of protection, in case Android, is called Bootloader, while in the case iPhone it’s called iBoot. There are two levels of bootloaders, primary and secondary.
The primary bootloader is hardware locked and can only be accessed after opening the phone, only a qualified technician can unlock it (so it’s best not to play with it if you’re not the right person), while the secondary bootloader is software locked and can be unlocked. after the company of your phone gives permission to unlock.
In the case of Xiaomi / Redmi / POCO, previously this permission to unlock the bootloader was granted in a few hours. But now according to the new policy, in order to unlock the bootloader, we have to wait 168 hours (approximately 7 days), to start the blinking process.
Also, read | [Working] 5 methods to fix the error “Sim card not detected” on Android
Why can’t MIUI be installed on this device?
Now that we know what a bootloader is and need to unlock it to flash any other ROM. This method has been used by many people because they imported Xiaomi phones from China, in large quantities, flashed global software and sold the phone in other countries. This practice caused a huge loss for Xioami Globally.
That’s why Xiaomi decided to lock the bootloader if someone tries to flash another ROM on Xiaomi phones originally sold in China, another fact to note is that phones sold in different regions are customized to the market, this customization may be different hardware or different software . Flashing a ROM intended for another region may damage the phone due to incompatible hardware and software.
Also, read | [Working] 7 ways to fix an Android phone that doesn’t charge when plugged in
Repair a severely damaged Xiaomi phone with Locked BootLoader
Now that we, why are you facing a problem “This one MIUI The version cannot be installed on this device ”. This is a difficult situation, ie your phone does not have a ROM installed and the bootloader is locked. And to unlock the bootloader again, you need to have the ROM installed on your phone. Luckily, I found a way to fix your hard brick phone. Here’s how to fix your phone.
- Windows computer
- USB cable to connect your phone
- Your hardbricked Xiaomi / Redmi / POCO phone
Also, read | [Working] 7 ways to fix iPhone Hotspot automatically shuts down
Steps to unlock the bootloader of a hard Xiaomi phone
- You have to download this software on your computer / laptop. (This software only works with Mediatek phones)
- Extract the zip file of the software to access all the files.
- Go to the extracted folder and open Driver folder.
- Select a file “cdc-acm.inf”, and install it by right-clicking.
- Now go back to the main folder and install USBDk, make sure you’ve installed the correct version based on the version of Windows you’re using (x64 for 64 bit Windows OS, x86 for 32 bit Windows OS).
- Now, Restart your Windows computer.
- After restarting the computer, start up “Unlock Bootloader” Batch file.
- The file will continue to run and the same message will be displayed multiple times, ignore that.
- Now, choose your phone, make sure it’s in off stateor a complete black screen. (If your phone remains in recovery or quick start mode, allow the battery to discharge completely.)
- Now you need to connect your phone to the computer, in Brom mode. To do this, keep holding one of these buttons (because the combination is different for each MediaTek phone) and connect the phone:
- Keep the volume up and turn on the phone, or
- Keep quiet and turn on the phone, or
- Hold both volume keys and turn on the phone.
- Once your phone is detected, Unlock Bootloader the batch file will run some commands and close automatically. The the bootloader is now unlocked.
- Now disconnect your phone. In the event that you receive a warning that ‘your device is damaged‘, press the power button to continue.
Also, read | 5 ways to fix low volume in laptop speakers on Windows 10 and 11
The most important step
- You can now flash your phone again using the official one We Flash tool.
- Find and download the correct ROM to quickly boot your phone for your region.
- Connect your phone in quick boot mode and flash the phone again. But be sure to choose Clean everything, or you will end up with a locked bootloader again.
- After the flash is complete. You will get an error “Flash is not over” (this is because we chose clean all instead of clean all and lock). Just wait 5-10 minutes, the phone will restart.
- You can now set up your phone.
So, this is a way to fix your hard Xiaomi / Redmi / POCO phone with a locked bootloader. Note that this method will only work on phones that have MediaTek processors. Follow us for more such tips and tricks.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.