This global pandemic has changed the way we work. Tablets have proven to be extremely useful in these difficult times to support us with video calls, entertainment and staying connected. You can even use the tablet as a second monitor for your computer. However, buying pills with value for money has always been a challenging task. In this tablet buying guide, we will help you find the best “versatile” tablet that also fits your budget.
Also, read | Top 5 Android Compact Phones in India (2021)
The best guide to buying tablets for 2022
If you are planning to buy a tablet for yourself in 2022, then you have come to the right place. Here are the features you need to check in order to be present on your tablet to give you the best possible experience.
Determine the purpose of the tablet
The first and most important step in buying a tablet is to identify its purpose of use. This will help you narrow down the available choices of tablets on the market to choose the one that best suits your needs. The ideal choices for this segment are:
- Professional work: Focus on affordable tablets with the ability to video call for meetings and calls.
- Creativity: Focus on high-end performance-oriented tablets with video editing and rendering capabilities.
- Fun: Look for tablets with good display quality, better speaker output and accessories for accessories such as a headphone jack.
Which variant to choose – WIFI or LTE?
Choosing the most suitable variant of tablets with WIFI or LTE is one of the most sought after questions on the internet. But don’t worry because we’ve solved this dilemma for you. The most ideal and best choice for a tablet will always be WIFI variants. Here’s why:
- WIFI variants consume smaller batteries resources compared to LTE.
- More affordable since variants of WIFI tablets are usually launched at initial prices significantly cheaper than the corresponding LTE variants.
Screen size, resolution and brightness
The screen is the most important factor you should focus on when buying a tablet. Since your interaction and overall experience with the tablet largely depends on the screen, when choosing a tablet, special attention should be paid to its quality, resolution and brightness. The ideal specifications for this segment are:
- Screen size: At least it should be 10 to 12 inches to provide a suitable workspace.
- Resolution: At least Full HD (FHD) because it gives a 1080p image. Pixels in HD resolution (720p) tend to distort on large screens.
- Brightness: The tablet screen should be visible outdoors. Anything above 400-500 nits will provide good readability even on sunny days, while you will need to find shade to use the tablet if the brightness is a maximum of 200 nits.
Audio output and headphone availability
Audio output, quality and accessories are other significant factors that define the popularity of tablets in the market. The large screen size offered by tablets makes it a practical source of entertainment and work to use various types of media on the go. This when paired with a good audio system such as hi-res audio makes the tablet the perfect package for media consumption. The ideal tablet must have:
- Speakers: At least two output speakers, the more the better.
- Sound quality: You should support high resolution audio for the best sound quality.
- Headphone / headphone jack: Preferably, to connect various types of high-end wired audio accessories for an enhanced listening experience.
Quality of workmanship
If you invest your hard-earned money in buying a new tablet, you will surely expect high durability and long product life. Most of the affordable tablets available on the market offer polycarbonate (plastic) constructions. However, there are some well-known smartphone manufacturers that offer metal quality workmanship within the same budget. An ideal choice for the quality of workmanship should be:
- Quality material: Preferably metal, because it lasts longer than polycarbonate and is less prone to external damage in the event of an accidental fall.
Battery capacity and charger output
The second most important parameter that defines tablet performance is battery capacity. If your tablet has a large screen, it will consume more power and offer fewer operating hours during use. Therefore, the tablet should have a sufficient amount of battery and a good grade charger for fast and efficient charging. The ideal tablet specifications for battery capacity and charger must be:
- Battery: At least it should be 7000 mAh to 8000 mAh to provide good screen time, the more the better.
- Charger power: Good power chargers will take less time to fully charge the tablets. It should not be less than 15 W. for tablets.
RAM, memory and processor
RAM, memory and processor heart are tablets. Good RAM capacity will ensure that the tablet provides efficient multitasking during its use, while sufficient storage capacity will allow you to store and store more data in the tablet. On the other hand, the presence of a good processor in your tablet will increase its performance and reliability during use. Ideal specifications for RAM, storage and processor are:
- RAM: At least 3 GB of RAM is mandatory for tablets. Less and less would compromise performance and offer downtime during its use.
- Storage: 64 GB of storage space is required. The presence of an SD card expansion slot will increase storage space for more data.
- Processor: Focus on performance-oriented processors such as Mediatek Helio G85, Snapdragon 600 series or Unisoc T610. Try to avoid less efficient processors like Mediatek P22 or P22T mobile processors.
The camera is another important factor to consider when buying a tablet. If you are going to use your tablet primarily for meetings and video calls, then it is important to have a quality camera, especially the front camera in your device. Ideally technical data for a tablet camera it should be:
- Front camera: At least an HD camera with a good megapixel, preferably more than 5 MP with additional support for stability and wide-angle shooting.
- Rear camera: At least it should be greater than 8 MP to capture clear images with a tablet.
Here is a list of tablets we recommend at every price you can check:
1. Realme Pad – INR 15,999
2. Nokia Tab T20 – 16,499 INR
3. Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 – 16,899 INR
4. iPad Pro M1 2021. – 69,490 INR
5. iPad Air 2020 with A14 – 50,900 INR
6. iPad Mini 6th generation – 46,900 INR
7. iPad 10.2 2021 with A13 – INR 44,900
8. Galaxy Tab S7 FE – 39,999 INR
9. Galaxy Tab S7 WiFi + LTE – 63,850 INR
10. Galaxy Tab S7 + – 70,990 INR
This is it for the top tablet buying guide for you 2022. We’ve covered all the important features you need to pay attention to when buying a new tablet, whether it’s for any budget. We hope this article has helped you decide which tablet is best for you.
You can too watch our video on the same. Like and share this with your friends to help them buy tablets. Also, stay with us for more guides like this to buy.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.