Many iPhone users face problems with Apple Music application because it automatically pauses music playback. There may be many reasons for this problem, but you can solve them by changing a few settings. In this guide, we’ve listed all the possible ways to troubleshoot Apple Music by pausing on your iPhone.
Also, read | How to play lossless music on your iPhone via Apple Music
Ways to fix Apple Music is constantly pausing
Close the app and restart iPhone
The first solution you can try is to force the application to close and then restart the phone. You may have already tried this, but if you haven’t, restart your phone and then open Apple Music. It might work, and maybe not. Then proceed to the next steps. If you want to restart your iPhone, see the guide for restart any phone.
Check mobile data permission
You should now if you have given the Music app permission for mobile data. Sometimes when we are connected to a WiFi network we forget to check if an application works on mobile data as well. Here’s how to check the mobile data permission for Apple Music:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down to Music and tap it.
3. Now make sure the mobile data switch is enabled and if not, do so.
That’s it. Now make sure the app is still paused.
Disable low data mode
The next step you can try is to make sure you’ve enabled low-data mode to store mobile data. In this mode, certain applications stop working due to data limitations. Here’s how to disable low data mode on your iPhone:
1. Open Settings and go to Mobile Data.
2. On the next page, tap Mobile Data Options.
3. Look for the low data mode here and disable the switch next to it if it is green.
Similarly, you can also check and disable the Low data mode for your WiFi. Just tap the icon next to the WiFi name and disable the low data mode on the next page.
After disabling it, check the Apple Music app to see if it’s working properly or not.
Disable low power mode
If the above method failed, you can also check the low power mode on your iPhone. This mode also stops the background refresh for many applications and therefore they stop working. Here’s how to disable it on your phone if it’s enabled:
1. Open Settings and go to Battery.
2. On the next page, disable the low power mode switch.
Disable automatic ear recognition
If you hold Airpods or any other Bluetooth headset connected to your iPhone, Music can be paused if your Bluetooth is turned on and the headset is nearby. So, to prevent this, you can disable the automatic ear detection feature, here’s how:
1. Open Settings and tap Bluetooth.
2. In the Bluetooth settings, tap ‘i’ next to the headset.
3. Disable the Auto Ear Detect switch on the next page.
Uninstall and reinstall the Music application
If you have tried all the above tricks and come to this step, you can try to uninstall the Music app from your iPhone. Since this is a system application, you can delete it and then reinstall it from the App Store. Here’s how to do it:
1. Go to the App Library and touch and hold the Apple Music app icon.
2. Now tap Delete Application.
3. On the confirmation, tap Delete.
Now go to the App Store and install the app again. Then make sure the problem is resolved. Also, keep in mind that this procedure will delete all your downloaded music.
Download albums and songs
If your Apple Music app is constantly pausing certain songs or music, you can try downloading that song or an entire album to avoid such issues. Here’s how to download a song in Apple Music:
1. Open Apple Music on your iPhone and play that song.
2. Now in song playback, tap the three dots at the top and select Download from the menu.
Update your iPhone
You can also try updating your iPhone to solve all such problems as many times iOS updates bring bug fixes for some apps with new features. So if Apple Music pauses due to an error, updating your iPhone will work.
1. To check for updates on your iPhone, go to Settings and select General.
2. Now tap Software Update.
3. On the next page, tap Download and install if an update is available.
Reset the network settings
You can also try resetting network settings which will solve all network related problems. Here’s how to reset network settings:
1. Open Settings on your phone and go to General.
2. Now scroll down and tap Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. On the next page, select Reset.
4. Then select Reset Network Settings from the menu.
5. Confirm and enter the reset code.
Then make sure the app works well now.
Check the status of the Apple Music system
If you’ve tried all of the above tricks, and the Music app still behaves the same, there’s a chance the problem is on the server side. In this case, you will need to check the status of the Apple Music system.
To do this, open a web browser and go to System status page on the Apple website. Here you can check the status of the system next to Apple Music, and if the dot is green, the application works well on the server side.
Here are all the fixes you can try when Apple Music is constantly pausing on your iPhone. For more such tips and tricks, stay with us!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.