WITH iOS 15, Apple has introduced several new changes and improvements in the default applications. Safari browser has also been received many new features including the ability to customize its homepage. So far, the Safari homepage has not been so useful for users, especially those who have used Chrome and other browsers. So, here are five ways you can customize Safari’s homepage on your iPhone.
Also, read | 11 best hidden features, tips and tricks for iOS 15 that you should know
Ways to customize the Safari homepage on iPhone
If you have changed the default browser from Safari due to lack of customization, you should take a look at this article to the end to find out how you can now customize its homepage and set your settings.
Add or remove items
Now you can remove things from the Safari homepage if you think it’s awkward. Also, if you want to add something new such as Reading List or Privacy Report, you can add it now. Here’s how:
1. Open Safari on your iPhone.
2. Now tap Edit at the bottom.
3. On the next page, you can disable or enable switches next to features you don’t want or want on your home page.
Change the background image
Now you can also change the background image on the Safari homepage. You can even set your own custom image in addition to the ones already given. Here’s how to change it:
1. Open Safari and tap Edit at the bottom.
2. On the next page, enable the switch next to the background image.
3. You will see some preloaded background images and only on the one you like.
You can also select your own image by tapping the + icon.
Change the default search engine
In Safari, Apple uses Google as its default search engine. If you are not comfortable with Google collects your information, you can switch to a more privacy-focused engine like DuckDuckGo. Here’s how to do it on Safari:
1. Open Settings and after scrolling, select Safari.
2. Now tap Search Engine.
3. Here you can change the desired search engine by tapping on it.
That’s it. Now, if you don’t think the new search engine is that useful, you can go back to Google from the same settings.
Enable site tinting
Website tinting is a new feature in iOS 15 and changes the interface around tabs and navigation on Safari to match the color of the website you’re visiting. Here’s how to enable Tint on Safari:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Now go to Safari and scroll down until you see the Tabs section.
3. Here you can enable the switch next to “Allow web page tinting”.
That’s it. Now whenever you open a web page, you will see that the tab and navigation area are the same color as the theme of the web page. You can disable the feature at any time by following the same steps.
Add and manage extensions
iOS 15 also brings extension support for Safari. So, you can now install third-party web extensions on your browser homepage to enhance your experience. Here’s how to add or manage Safari extensions:
1. Go to the App Store and install the desired web extension.
2. Now go to Safari settings via the Settings app.
3. Tap Extension here. On the next page, enable the extension switch you want to use from the list.
4. After enabling the extension, you can also select websites to run the extension and other permissions.
5. When you open the web page, an extension button will appear on the tab bar.
You can also tap the “Aa” button near the extension button, then select “Manage Extensions.”
So, this is how you can customize the Safari homepage on your iPhone with the latest version of iOS. For more iOS tips and tricks, stay with us!
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest reviewed videos GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.