Resizing an image can prove to be a tedious task if you don’t have the right tools to do so. In this article, we will introduce you to 4 easy ways to resize images with some free image tools in Windows 10 and 11. You can continue improve your image online to make sure you get better quality even after resizing.
Also, read | 5 Features of Windows 11 that you can use on a computer running Windows 10
Ways to resize images for free in Windows 10/11
Resize the image using Microsoft Paint
One of the easiest methods to resize an image is to use Microsoft Paint. With the help of this application, you can easily resize any image to the desired dimensions. Follow these simple steps to do the same with this app.
- Find the image you want to resize and right-click it.
- Move the cursor to Open with and click on Color.
- Your image will open immediately in the Paint application.
- Click on File on the toolbar located at the top and open Image properties. You can also open it directly with Ctrl + E key combination within the Paint application.
- Set the desired image units and assign the desired width and height.
- Click on Alright to resize the image.
- Click to save this image Save icon on the toolbar next to View. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + S to save changes immediately.
Use Windows Photos to resize the image
Windows 10 and 11 offer a built-in photo management application known as Photos. You can easily use this application resize image in the desired dimensions. Follow these simple steps to quickly resize an image using this app.
- Find the image you want to resize and right click on that.
- Move the cursor to Open With and click Photos.
- The Photos application it will immediately open your image.
- Hold the mouse pointer to the top of the screen to bring up the image toolbar.
- Click on three-dot icon and choose Resize.
- You can set the desired image size using the suggested image dimensions or set your own dimensions by clicking Define custom dimensions button.
- Specify the desired image width and height and click on Save a resized copy button.
- You can also reduce the image size in terms of occupied space by adjusting Quality slider.
Use third-party tools such as FastStone Image Viewer
FastStone Image Viewer is a powerful image viewer, converter and editor which supports all types of image formats. With this tool, you can instantly resize an image in a few clicks. Follow these steps to quickly resize your favorite image.
- Download FastStone Image Viewer application and install it in your Windows system.
- After installing this free software, find and right click in the image you want to resize.
- Move the mouse pointer to Open with and click on FastStone image viewer.
- Your image will open in full screen. Hold the cursor to the left of the screen and click Resize / re-sampling. Alternatively, you can immediately open the Resize / Resample window by pressing Ctrl + R key combination.
- Select the desired image units and set the desired width and height. Click on Alright to resize the image.
- To save the image, press Ctrl + S key combination and select the desired name and output directory to save the resized image.
Resize the image using online tools
There are many free online tools available online to quickly resize your images. ReduceImages is one such powerful website through which you can quickly edit the dimensions of your image and adjust its quality to your liking. Follow these steps to resize an image using this online tool.
- Open a New card in your web browser and access ReduceImages Web page.
- Click on Select the Picture button to transfer the desired image to resize.
- Scroll down and set as desired width and height for the picture. You can also switch between different image units available for resizing, such as percentages, pixels, and so on.
- Upload a resized image format and quality.
- Click on Resize button to resize the image.
- Scroll down to find the resized image and click download arrow to download it to your system.
Bonus: Mass resize images using Microsoft Power Toys
Microsoft Power Toys is a powerful utility application that allows you to resize several images at once. This application is available in the Microsoft Store for both Windows 10 and 11. Once installed in the system, it integrates into the context menu by right-clicking to allow instant access. Follow these simple steps to bulk install and resize images using this app.
- Once installed, this application integrates with right-click the context menu allow instant access.
- Select multiple images by pressing Ctrl key and right click choose Resize images.
- A window to resize the image will open. Select the desired image size by clicking on the available sizes. You can also define a custom dimension for all your images by clicking Custom in the drop-down list.
- Click on Resize button to instantly resize all selected images.
- That’s it. You have successfully resized multiple images at once using Power Toys app.
This is a pack of 4 easy ways to resize images for free in Windows 10 and 11. We hope this article has helped you successfully resize images for your work. Click the like button if you find the article useful and share it with your friends to help them with their work. Follow us for more guides like this.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.