Some users who have recently upgraded to Windows 11 reported a slow startup time problem on their system. While this can happen for a variety of underlying reasons, we’ve had some fun and manually selected the 5 best ways to eradicate this problem and fix slow startup times on your Windows 11 computer. In the meantime, you can learn to fix it widgets do not work on Windows 11.
Also, read | Top 5 Ways to Speed Up Your Old Computer Without Reinstalling Windows
Ways to increase startup time in Windows 11
Make sure Quick Start is enabled in Windows 11
Like previous versions of Windows, Windows 11 offers its users a quick boot feature to ensure that the system boots up as quickly as possible. Follow these simple steps to make sure this feature is enabled on your Windows computer.
- press Windows key and seek Dashboard opening application.
- Click on Hardware and sound capabilities.
- Open up Power options by clicking on it.
- Click on in the left sidebar Choose what the power buttons do.
- Make sure that Turn on the quick launch option is enabled. If it is disabled, you must click on Change settings that are not currently available option and enable the Enable Quick Launch option.
- That’s it. You have successfully enabled quick boot mode on your system.
Turn off unnecessary programs and startup applications
To improve and significantly increase startup time in Windows 11, you should turn it off unnecessary applications which consume system resources during startup. Follow these steps for easy repair.
- press Windows key and seek Task Manager opening application. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl + Alt + Del press at the same time to launch the application.
- Go to Launch card within Task Manager window.
- Find and identify unnecessary applications they have medium or high impact of startup.
- To disable an application, right-click it and select Disable.
- That’s it. You have successfully disabled application startup when starting Windows.
Adjust visual effects for best performance
Windows 11 offers a good amount of visual effects to make the environment useful. However, these visual effects consume a good amount of system resources. You can reduce or even disable these visual effects to improve the startup time of Windows 11. Follow these steps to achieve the same.
- press Windows key and seek Advanced system settings.
- Click on Settings button below Performance section.
- Turn it on Tune in for the best performance and annul all of the above items. Click on sign up save save button.
- That’s it. You have successfully disabled all visual effects on your Windows11 system.
- Reboot your system for monitoring changed changes.
Disable all system services and restart the system
One of the most effective methods to significantly improve Windows 11 startup times is to disable all Windows services and restart the system so that Windows can run only the services it needs. This process will help remove any unnecessary Windows services that consume system resources. Follow these simple steps for easy repair.
- Open up Jogging window by pressing Windows key + R at the same time on your keyboard.
- Type MSConfig and press enter.
- Go to Services tab and click on Disable All button.
- Click on Alright button to save changes and restart the system.
Clean up unwanted files on your system and turn on Storage Sense
To speed up the startup time of your Windows 11, you need to delete all garbage and temporary files present on your system. In addition, Windows 11 also offers a Storage Sense feature that automatically detects and deletes temporary files from time to time to speed up system performance. Follow this effective 2-minute read clean up unwanted files on Windows 11 and turn on feature a sense of storage.
Bonus: defragment your hard drive or upgrade to SSD
If you installed Windows 11 on your old hard drive system and have a slow boot time, this is probably due to your old and fragmented hard drive. Fragmented drives significantly reduce operating system performance and you must manually optimize it to reduce performance lag. Alternatively, you can replace the hard disk drive with an SSD to get a big boost in Windows 11. Follow these simple steps to defragment your hard drive to optimize its performance.
- Open your computer and right click on the drive where Windows 11 is installed.
- Click on Properties the ability to open disk drive properties.
- Go to Tools tab and click on Optimize button below Defragmentation drive section.
- Wait a few minutes for Windows to optimize drive performance and restart system after the process is complete.
Completion: Reduce startup time
We hope you have now fixed and improved your system startup time using the methods above. If this article helped you fix it improving the Windows 11 experience on your system then press the Like button and share this among your friends to help them solve such problems. Follow us for more troubleshooting guides on Windows.
You can also follow us for current technology news on Google News or for tips and tricks, reviews of smartphones and gadgets, join GadgetsToUse Telegram Group, or subscribe to the latest videos with reviews GadgetsToUse Youtube channel.